If there is one certainty about the business of rental it is that 'shit happens'!
Meaning you need to deal with change without creating lots of work or losing what got changed by whom.
One of the most common changes is the dates and times of rental.
- First thing to do is to find your reservation, using the Reservations page - in search mode.
- modify the Dates & Times that you want.
- (note that with most things in BRM any changes are automatically saved when you leave the field you've modified). However because dates are special because they affect the calendar of ALL INCLUDED ASSETS, we only do ONE save, when you're finished.
- For this reason, you have to manually press the SAVE button that appears after you make a change:
BRM uses 'save zones' in the Reservation Detail Page to break down the page into related zones.
Here I changed the from date and it detected the change and asks me to save.
You can change multiple things in a zone at the same time.
- Please Note - once you've made the request for change BRM must first verify that all the assets concerned are, indeed, available.
- So you need to check the return message after it's done and look out for any errors.
- Please Note - if you're using Generic Booking, it may look like the physical asset is free, but a Generic Asset may have an outstanding booking which makes the extension impossible.
- it might be a good idea to check the planner view first to see if the dates after your reservation are indeed free (though, again, this won't work for generic bookings)