It is extremely important that booking emails reach your customers so we go to great lengths to ensure emails are both successfully delivered and opened.
We send emails from a dedicated domain bookings.bikerentalmanager.com which has an excellent reputation because we never send Spam and we observe all industry best practices.
You configure how your emails look in your customer's inbox here:
settings > notifications > who
Which will result in the following in the customer's inbox.
(this example is taken using Gmail as the destination inbox - so results will vary according to email client)
And looking more closely at an email;
(your configuration choices highlighted in yellow)
We regularly attain email deliverability rates of above 98.7%
When the customer completes the online booking process they will be shown a page something like this:
However, not all emails will be delivered and here are two reasons:
- the customer makes a mistake when entering their email address
- the customer has a problem with their email inbox - like it is full
Even when the email is delivered actually getting the customer to open it is another challenge. The single biggest factor affecting open rates is when emails get mistakenly classified by the customer's ISP or email client (the people who manage their inbox)
Here are some factors that can lead to ending up in their inbox:
- If BRM didn't have an excellent sender reputation or observe best practices
- the content (subject and content) of the emails themselves. The more personalised, well-formatted, and generally well behaved (grammar, spelling) the better.
- If many people tag BRM emails as spam
- if many people don't 'un-spam' BRM emails as not -spam
So please do encourage good behaviour from customers and perhaps even put a note about emails on your website.