The maintenance (AKA mechanic) sub-section of BRM really performs 5 key functions:
- USAGE tracking real-time usage tracking. BRM tracks exactly how much usage a bike has had since its last service (as well as the period of time since that service) and feeds back that information using a little icon indicator. We call this feature Service Points.
- post rental feedback allows the capture of any post-ride feedback - against the specific bikes concerned - on bike return. (aka return notes)
- full service histories a place to record all your service histories for your bikes, either manually or automatically using a barcode scanner. View full-service histories for each bike.
- workflow for your mechanic so they know what they should be working on.
- checks item pre-ride maintenance checks - a crucial part of maintenance and liability management
In BRM2.0 the maintenance functions are accessed directly from within your inventory:
(the second tab is a maintenance tab)
setting a bike to 'not-broken' (ready)
view service history for an Item