LS integration - sharing customer data
The BRM lightspeed integration shares two vital elements:
See this diagram for some context:
BRM / RSM clients are attached to reservations
lightspeed customers are attached to transactions
if you save a lightspeed customer id against a BRM / RSM client they will be linked.
(and we automatically create this link for you during our integration)
Normally you will start your rentals in Lightspeed.
Imagine you want a rental for an existing customer in your LS database....
- you create a new sale & add your customer to sale
- add your products
- press your BRM button:
- When you arrive in BRM you will see the customer has been imported automatically into BRM:
- It then comes back into LS but with the RENTAL added:
- Finally this will automatically update BRM with information about that transaction
- and the customer imported into BRM is also stamped with its LS customer ID - so it remains linked
Please Note - can can still integrate in the other direction; BRM -> LS
- create the reservation in BRM (including customer record)
- add Transaction (which sends to LS) including creating a new customer record
- then we update that new BRM customer with the ID of the new LS customer.
- any subsequent transactions sent over for that reservation / client will hit the same LS client.
[THIS DIAGRAM NEEDS TO BE UPDATED WITH A BRM2.0 version - please bear with us]
(in other words, when you do it this way round it will create a new LS customer for each one in BRM, for the first transaction.)
error LSI004 - invalid foreign keys for customer