Changing the status of your assets
Normally BRM will automatically change the status of your assets based on what is happening to them. For example:
- upload an asset for the first time from the spreadsheet - it will be given a status of 'ready'
- an asset is checked out as part of a reservation - it will be given the status of 'checked-out'
- an asset is returned - it will be given the status of 'ready'
- an asset is marked as broken on return from a reservation - it will be given a status of 'broken'
However, in some exceptional circumstances, you will want to set the status of certain assets manually. For example:
- if you enter an asset via the spreadsheet that is not currently ready, ie its not arrived yet or hasn't been 'built'. You don't want it to be available for renting so you need to mark it as 'ordered'
- a bike is stolen - you might want to update its status to 'stolen'
You change the status of individual assets on the item detail page:
But first you will need to find your item.
Either via inventory > search:
(either search with Item ID, or by category of item)
or navigate to your item using the add / manage items page