One of the most powerful features of BRM / RSM is that it is resource-driven. Rentals consist of items (resources), and you can only book those items if they are available for the given date / time. This availability has the granularity of 1 minute, meaning you can pack in your rentals - and get the most out of your assets. (see winning your game of tetris)
But by the same token, sometimes that power can get in the way of your workflow and make it harder. Sometimes you don't want to be able to book any item at any time.
- online - you only want your renters to use specified time slots like AM, PM or EVE
- back-office - you only want your staff to be able to book certain times
- tours / activities - perhaps you sell activities or tours that are constrained to certain times
Introducing 'Booking Slots'
You will setup:
- which START TIMES you support
- which DURATIONs you support
Settings > Offering control
You will see this when you open the page:
This is how it looks to your users:
on the front end...(online booking)
Also - on a related matter...
Your online booking mode now respects your billable day setting:
full day mode
|1d ||end of current day|
How do the booking slots interact with your opening hours?
It is clever, it only displays durations that respect your opening hours.
For example if my store is open until 22:00 I can take an 8hr booking from now 11:00
BUT if I set my closing time to 19:00 then we can't support that booking, so that option is removed from the menu: