last significant update - 3rd September 2020
BRM 2.0 is now fully viable for most users of BRM.
Including GBAL which was the last major functional area to be migrated over.
BRM 1.0 will be switched off at the end of 2020.
(currently a little over 93% of users on 2.0)
First of all, it is worth noting that BRM2.0 has some fundamental characteristics that just make it a better platform:
- you can log in with any email (doesn't need to be google)
- it is fully responsive (fits whatever screen size)
- it is much more intuitive and beautiful (help built into each page)
- it doesn't use the spreadsheet anymore, so is much easier to get to grips with!
Feature by Feature checklist
Moving on to a feature by feature list please take a look at this list:
(recent changes highlighted)
blue descriptions on the left are links to help articles!
click the to see a video for that topic
|BRM 1.0||BRM 2.0|
|manage (add / edit / delete)|
|record a safety check|
|save custom searches|
manage / edit
|progress through stages|
|change dates & times|
|view & edit customer record|
|collect & show client signatures|
|show and edit extras|
|show and edit client data per bike|
|show billable days & duration|
|view reservation history|
|show Stripe information|
|Stripe payment back office|
Items in rentals
|add & swap via browse|
|change price of an item|
Core Elements of BRM
Finally, please note BRM is really a collection of elements that you use to run your business.
- online booking - for those of you who want to take online bookings on your site or others.
- back office
- create rentals in-store
- manage rentals in-store (made online or in-store)
- add / manage your inventory
(of course, there are many pieces of functionality, but we are talking here broadly about the big picture and how much is ready in BRM 2.0)
As you can see ALL the main components are now ready in 2.0